My April Camp NaNo Rebel Mission….
This April, my goal is to complete three existing NaNoWriMo WIPs. Each of these was a winner; none of these first drafts have been completed.
Sima Garo Provides, (Trueborn Weft Series) NaNoWriMo 2012 – This will be my first WIP of the challenge. I am currently expanding the completed general outline.
April 11 Update:
- I completed 26,287 words in ten days.
- I finished the WIP through Chapter Eighteen, Scene 3.
- The draft will have nineteen chapters and an epilogue.
- I will continue writing each day, although my focus now shifts to Blood and Breath.
Blood and Breath, (Trueborn Weft Series) NaNoWriMo 2009 – This will be WIP #2. I will merge the story outline in progress with the story arc I wrote in 2012, and create a plan for the conclusion of this draft.
To Be or Not to Be, (Trueborn Warp and Weft Series, at present) August Camp NaNoWriMo, 2012 – the third, final, and least ready of the three. I will move to Scrivener, then create an outline.
- Write 75,000 words in 30 days – roughly 25 thousand per book.
- 10 days on each WIP, for the 30 day virtual camp.
- I will finish the month with three newly completed rough draft WIPs.
- Completing these three WIPS will give me five to six rough drafts to play with in editing months.
- If I don’t attain the full measure of the goal, I will have progressed toward it, and built momentum.
- There are scenes and chapters I want to add to Chameleon’s Dish and Bounded by a Nutshell, but they are, at this moment, already stories that have beginnings, middles, AND ENDINGS, too! I feel I need to tie up some of the still-dangling ends of the unfinished WIPS, before I can finesse these two…or really sink my teeth into other books in the double series.
It’s funny to me that there was a time, not so long ago, when I truly thought I would never finish even one book. And here I am, with five books in progress, already, and the beginnings of three more:
- The two Trueborns, Spock and Niaan’s childhood stories, which I am exploring with the 26 flash fiction stories for my A to Z stories. These will be my “also-rebel” July Nano effort – yes, that’s two novels, in one month, but it will take some pretty serious planning and presetting, I think, to get there..
- King of Infinite Space, my 2013 November NaNo ; partner volume to Sima Garo Provides. (Name might change to King of Shreds and Patches, which seems to fit better).
- I’ve also been giving some dreaming and drifting attention to what used to be called “the bonding story” – the volume where Spock and Niaan come together….it might be called The Consummate Weaving, or something like that,and will be a ripper of a roller coaster ride. I may fuse these two stories into one book, as Spock and Niaan finally fuse their lives together. That will be fun to write, but I think it won’t happen until 2014….
- Try a Little….Turbulence? ROW80 Update, 4/3/13 (shanjeniah.com)
- Round 2 Goals – Reading, Trying, Waiting, Watching (shanjeniah.com)
- Trusting my Truth – #ROW80 Update, 2/27/13 (shanjeniah.com)
- Try a Little….Breathing Room: ROW80 Update, 4/7/13 (shanjeniah.com)
- Trusting the Deeps – ROW80 Update, March 24, 2013 (shanjeniah.com)
- F is for: Father (shanjeniahstruebornjottings.wordpress.com)
- Tempestuous Trust -ROW80 Update, 3/10/13 (shanjeniah.com)
- A is for: Arytana and Aletris (shanjeniahstruebornjottings.wordpress.com)
- #SexySnippets: More flavor from the #WIP #BDSM #Erotic (bexbooknook.wordpress.com)