As I update this plan , ROW80 Round 3 is well underway. Without the structure of these 80-day blocks of goalsetting and attaining, and the twice-weekly self-evaluation, I suspect I would still be floundering along with abundant stories jumbled in my head, rather than this former tangle slowly unraveling into a smooth double series, braiding together in fascinating patterns…
I created this plan to give focus to my noveling energy, and to keep track of the various works-in-progress (WIPs) I am in the midst of, as I bring the disparate projects into the cohesive whole of my interwoven fantasy/Star Trek fan fiction double series –Trueborn Warp and Weft.
Since I began focusing on monthly noveling goals, I have:
- Completed two rough drafts, Sima Garo Provides and Blood and Breath, both Trueborn Weft WIPs.
- Made steady progress made on To Be or Not to Be,which, when separated into fanfic and original elements, will become two drafts.
- Begun planning and writing, the first novels in each series, The Stars are Fire(Weft), and Perchance to Dream (Warp).
- Begun revising Chameleon’s Dish.
- I have learned much about outlining and revisions.
- I have a clearer vision of the shape of each individual series, how they will fit together, where the gaps are, and how to fill them.
- I have a far stronger concept of the individual novels, backstory, motivations, and recurring themes.
I expect there is far more to learn in the coming months, and I am eager to learn it.
Write at least 25,000 words in To Be or Not to Be – On target.
- Completed 7,963/25,000 words.
- WIP total:146,646 words.
Write or plan one scene weekly in The Stars are Fire – Trueborn Weft Series – On target.
- Completed 51,923/ ~100,000 words on August 10.
- Planning complete through Scene 22/60.
Write or plan one scene weekly in Perchance to Dream –Trueborn Warp Series – On target.
- 54,262/~100,000 wordson August 10.
- Planning complete through Scene 15.
Print and reread, WIP, making on-page rough notes. On target.
- I have been reading aloud to the children, ages 9 and almost 12, skipping scenes that are a little too suggestive for their tastes.
- They’ve had suggestions and questions that deepen my understanding of the story and possible revisions.
- I’ve made on-page notes through Scene 2; page 19/248.
Write one page of notes for each existing scene (goal/motivation/conflict/disaster), and leave pages for pending scenes. On target.
- Note page written for (pending) Prologue and Scene #2.
Share excerpts from this WIP as part of the WIPpet Wednesday meme, and receiving feedback that will aid the revisioning process. On target.
Use Rock Your Revisions to create a revision plan. Pending.
- Create rough plan once rereading, and note-taking are completed.
Write at least 25,000 words in To Be or Not to Be.
- Write or plan one scene weekly in The Stars are Fire – Trueborn Weft Series .Write or plan one scene weekly in Perchance to Dream –Trueborn Warp Series .
- Print and reread, WIP, making on-page rough notes .
- Write one page of notes for each existing scene (goal/motivation/conflict/disaster), and leave pages for pending scenes.
- Share excerpts from this WIP as part of the WIPpet Wednesday meme, and receiving feedback that will aid the revisioning process.
- Use Rock Your Revisions, to create a rough revision plan.
I will update and adapt here again at the end of the month. May your days pass sweetly until then. =D
- Noveling Action Plan Progress: Revised July 20, 2013 (shanjeniahstruebornjottings.wordpress.com)
- Noveling Action Plan Progress: Revised June 24, 2013 (shanjeniahstruebornjottings.wordpress.com)
- WIPpet Wednesday: Little Girl Lost (shanjeniahstruebornjottings.wordpress.com)
- Farewell to Forty-Three: ROW80 Update, July 28, 2013 (shanjeniah.com)
- WIPpet Wednesday: Walking with Ghosts (shanjeniahstruebornjottings.wordpress.com)
- WIPpet Wednesday: Unbalanced Variables… (shanjeniahstruebornjottings.wordpress.com)
- Peace Amidst Chaos: ROW80 Update, August 7, 2013 (shanjeniah.com)
- WIPpet Wednesday: Escape Upon the Forge (shanjeniahstruebornjottings.wordpress.com)
- WIPpet Wednesday for June 26: The Bear Pit (shanjeniahstruebornjottings.wordpress.com)