Today is September 4, 2013.
- For today’s offering, I’ve added the digits of the day, month, and year (9+4+2+0+1+3=20).
- Then, I added one, because it fit, and in honor of my son’s birthday week. =)
- You get 21 sentences today!
During August and September, I am focusing on editing the paired volumes,Chameleon’s Dish (Trueborn Weft series), and Bounded by a Nutshell (Trueborn Warp series).
This rough-draft passage is lightly edited to remove obvious gaffes and for style. Also, in the interest of full disclosure, I have written an alternate version of this scene, which can be found here. It’s a spicier scene, and I’m not decided on which to use…likely, there will be elements of both in the next draft. Feel free to read both, and comment as you wish.
Spock stopped speaking, mid-word, his eyes glazed, and nearly fell into his chair, slumped over and far too pale.
“Spock?” Len asked, alarmed, and, when the Vulcan didn’t respond, “Spock!
Spock’s breath was coming in pained and infrequent gasps. Len grabbed at his scanner, not even taking the time to mute it. The Vulcan looked far past the point of caring.
There was no physical trauma – but his brainwave patterns showed some areas of highly chaotic activity, almost as though he had suddenly retreated into himself, searching for something.
“Tisira!” Spock shouted, and jerked upright, his eyes wide, wild, and unseeing.
McCoy gripped his shoulders. “What is it, Spock?”
Spock’s stare darted, then fixed desperately on him. His eyes hadn’t focused, yet, though, and he didn’t seem aware of much beyond whatever was going on in his mind….
He lurched to his feet. He finally fixed on Len. “Tisira is gone. From my mind. I must – find her.”
“Not like this, Spock. Not logical or efficient.Give yourself a minute.”
There we have it – a father who has suddenly lost his child. What will happen next?
No, I’m not telling you – not yet. There’ll be more, next week, and every Wednesday in September.
And now – release the comment hounds ! =)
Want more WIPpets? Click the cute little blue froggy to read what other #WIPpeteers are writing, or to join in yourself! We love new folks, around here!
- WIPpet Wednesday: Yearning and Denial (shanjeniahstruebornjottings.wordpress.com)
- WIPpet Wednesday: Words, Words, Words (shanjeniahstruebornjottings.wordpress.com)
- WIPpet Wednesday for June 26: Marital Disharmony (shanjeniahstruebornjottings.wordpress.com)
- WIPpet Wednesday: Walking with Ghosts (shanjeniahstruebornjottings.wordpress.com)
- WIPpet Wednesday: Little Girl Lost (shanjeniahstruebornjottings.wordpress.com)
- WIPpet Wednesday: Escape Upon the Forge (shanjeniahstruebornjottings.wordpress.com)
- Old faces – WIPpet Wednesday (elainejeremiah.co.uk)
- Pie, 50%, and Name (gweberblog.wordpress.com)