Today is August 28, 2013.
- For today’s offering, I’ve subtracted the digits of the month from the date (2-8=20), then subtracted the last two digits of the year from the total (20-13=7).
- You get 7 lines today!
During August and September, I am focusing on editing the paired volumes,Chameleon’s Dish (Trueborn Weft series), and Bounded by a Nutshell (Trueborn Warp series).
Chameleon’s Dish is my August WIP. Here’s the logline I’ve created for it:
In the dangerously superstitious past of Shakespeare’s England, an amnesiac girl and a foundling boy must keep her strange nature hidden as they stalk her lost identity.
This week, Tisira feels her father’s insanity, and is rejected in her yearing for her absent parents. This scene is at the beginning of a very chaotic time that will culminate in the events of my previous post, After the Fall.
This rough-draft passage is lightly edited to remove obvious gaffes and for style.
“I’m listening, Mother,” she whispered, and her breath was a choked thing past the lump in her throat. And she took herself back to the shallow cave, where she built up as strong a fire as she dared, and stripped herself naked, and sat, shivering and sweating, in turns, while Father’s flames raged through her.
She was open, and wanting – wanting parts of Matehunt she had never known existed, till now. Wanting Mother and Father, for herself. Wanting them to sense her, feel her as she felt them. But they were absorbed only in each other; for them, now, there was nothing else. She yearned toward them, but they yearned only for each other.
No, I’m not telling you any of that. Tisira is going on hiatus again for September, while I focus on editing notes for the “other side of the story”, Bounded by a Nutshell.
We’ll catch up with her again in October.
And now – release the comment hounds ! =)
As promised, I am offering Henry’s theme song this week…give a listen, if you’d like!
Want more WIPpets? Click the cute little blue froggy to read what other #WIPpeteers are writing, or to join in yourself! We love new folks, around here!
- WIPpet Wednesday: Words, Words, Words (shanjeniahstruebornjottings.wordpress.com)
- WIPpet Wednesday: Henry and the Faerie-Child (shanjeniahstruebornjottings.wordpress.com)
- WIPpet Wednesday: Little Girl Lost (shanjeniahstruebornjottings.wordpress.com)
- A Passionate Ahhhhh: ROW80 Update, August 28, 2013 (shanjeniah.com)
- WIPpet Wednesday for June 26: Marital Disharmony (shanjeniahstruebornjottings.wordpress.com)
- WIPpet Wednesday: Walking with Ghosts (shanjeniahstruebornjottings.wordpress.com)
- WIPpet Wednesday: Unbalanced Variables… (shanjeniahstruebornjottings.wordpress.com)
- WIPpet Wednesday: Escape Upon the Forge (shanjeniahstruebornjottings.wordpress.com)