It’s #WIPpet Wednesday again!
5Today is August 7, 2013.
- For today’s offering, I’ve subtracted the digits of the date from the month, and added the digits of the year. (8-7+2+0+1+3=7).
- Therefore, you get 7 short paragraphs today!
Now that July’s NaNoWriMo madness is over, I will be shifting my focus to editing the paired volumes, Chameleon’s Dish (Trueborn Weft series), and Bounded by a Nutshell (Trueborn Warp series).
This week, we will begin at the beginning with Chameleon’s Dish, my original fantasy WIP, which we will explore throughout August.
This passage is lightly edited to remove obvious gaffes, and a fanfic reference. It’s not likely to remain the opening passage, but, for now, it is.
And now, please allow me to (re)introduce Tisira, a young girl who awakes to a puzzle of epic proportions.
Tisira awoke, and knew, in the first instant, that she was not where she had fallen asleep.
The scents and sounds around her were natural. That, in itself, was odd. She had been inside, curled silently in the cabinet in her father’s office, where she liked to go to read. He, in his quiet way, had emptied the cabinet except for a stack of woven blankets she could snuggle in, and he had placed a basket filled with some of her favorite books, and his own, atop it.
He never violated her privacy in this place, and she had, as far back as she could remember, even in the days before she learned to walk, been free to come and go as she wished, regardless of what business he was attending to.
She sampled the air, without moving, and also looked about her.
Where she’d been curled into a blanket nest, now she lay upon a bed of leaves and branches.
So – she was not at home; not in Father’s office. There were no woodlands in the desert.
She remembered the scents of Earth’s woods; she had been there, some time ago, with her family. She and Kirana had spent hours romping, hunting, and studying the autumn woods, comparing and contrasting them to the Huntlands.
There we have it – a little girl lost in the woods. What’s next? Well, some of it I’ve shared, and more will be – but everything is subject to change! =D
And now – release the comment hounds ! =)
Want more WIPpets? Click the cute little blue froggy to read what other #WIPpeteers are writing, or to join in yourself! We love new folks, around here!
- Old faces – WIPpet Wednesday (elainejeremiah.co.uk)
- WIPpet Wednesday: Escape Upon the Forge (shanjeniahstruebornjottings.wordpress.com)
- WIPpet Wednesday: Walking with Ghosts (shanjeniahstruebornjottings.wordpress.com)
- WIPpet Wednesday: Unbalanced Variables… (shanjeniahstruebornjottings.wordpress.com)
- WIPpet Wednesday for June 19: Edge of Madness; Edge of Desire (shanjeniahstruebornjottings.wordpress.com)
- WIPpet Wednesday for June 26: Marital Disharmony (shanjeniahstruebornjottings.wordpress.com)
- Road Work, No Regrets, and Fashion (gweberblog.wordpress.com)
- Jane, PMGCB, and Checkmate (gweberblog.wordpress.com)
- WIPpet Wednesday: A Slightly Racy Beginning… (shanjeniahstruebornjottings.wordpress.com)
- Noveling Action Plan Progress: Revised July 20, 2013 (shanjeniahstruebornjottings.wordpress.com)