I created this plan to give focus to my noveling energy, and to keep track of the various works-in-progress (WIPs) I am in the midst of, as I bring the disparate projects into the cohesive whole of my interwoven fantasy/Star Trek fan fiction double series –Trueborn Warp and Weft.
Since I began focusing on monthly noveling goals, I have:
- Completed two rough drafts, Sima Garo Provides and Blood and Breath, both Trueborn Weft WIPs.
- Made steady progress made on To Be or Not to Be,which, when separated into fanfic and original elements, will become two drafts.
- I have begun the first novels in each series, The Stars are Fire(Weft), and Perchance to Dream (Warp).
- I have learned much about outlining and revisions.
- I have a clearer vision of the shape of each individual series, how they will fit together, where the gaps are, and how to fill them,
July CampNaNoWriMo preparations:
Niaan’s Genesis ( Working title: The Stars are Fire): Target attained!
- Using Cathy Yardley’s Rock Your Plot, I have roughed each scene, and did detailed blocking one scene ahead of my writing point for each character.
Spock’s Genesis (working title: Perchance to Dream):Target attained!
- Completed using Rock Your Plot; detailed blocking one scene ahead for each POVcharacter.
Begin Trueborn Genesis novels.
- Goal- 100,000 words during the month (remembering that things may slow down during Rock the Campground) – 50,000 words for each WIP.
- Current NaNo total: 67,600 w0rds – getting close to three-quarters of the way. =D
The Stars are Fire – Trueborn Weft Series – Target attained!
- Completed 50, 452 of 50,000 words on July 15.
Perchance to Dream –Trueborn Warp Series – On target.
- 17,148 of 50,000 word son July 20.
And, on tap for August:
Reread and create rough To-Do lists for:
- Chameleon’s Dish
- Bounded by a Nutshell
- Instead of diving into this project when my plate is full, I read and highlighted Rock Your Revisions, and am currently in the process of creating a plan from it, which I will begin to pursue on August 1, or perhaps sooner.
- Print and reread both WIPs, making rough notes.
- I return to sharing excerpts from both WIPs as part of the
- Create rough revision plans for both WIPs.
- Begin focused editing runs.
By the time I update this plan again, toward the end of the month, ROW80 Round 3 will be well underway, and, hopefully, I will have two fresh, new 50,000 word WIPs.
May you find fun, joy, and passion between now and then!
- Noveling Action Plan Progress: Revised June 24, 2013 (shanjeniahstruebornjottings.wordpress.com)
- WIPpet Wednesday: Walking with Ghosts (shanjeniahstruebornjottings.wordpress.com)
- WIPpet Wednesday: Unbalanced Variables… (shanjeniahstruebornjottings.wordpress.com)
- WIPpet Wednesday: Soulwounded (shanjeniahstruebornjottings.wordpress.com)
- Noveling Action Plan Progress: Revised June 9, 2013 (shanjeniahstruebornjottings.wordpress.com)
- WIPpet Wednesday for June 26: The Bear Pit (shanjeniahstruebornjottings.wordpress.com)
- WIPpet Wednesday: After the Fall (shanjeniahstruebornjottings.wordpress.com)
- WIPpet Wednesday: A Slightly Racy Beginning… (shanjeniahstruebornjottings.wordpress.com)
- WIPpet Wednesday: Upon Waking (shanjeniah.com)